Sheep’s wool is a sustainable and highly effective natural insulation material which we have used to design and develop eco-friendly packaging products and packaging solutions, offering impressive performance and cost benefits.
Wool is nature’s ‘smart fibre’ with amazing properties that outperform man-made materials for many uses.
- Complex physical and chemical composition that protects sheep from extremes of cold and heat.
- Hygroscopic ability to absorb moisture without becoming damp which reduces humidity and maintains cool or warm temperatures.
- Extremely flexible, ‘memory foam’ effect as a cushioning material which recovers its original shape after compression.
- Naturally fire retardant and not harmful in any way
- Sustainable and available in abundance, with the fleeces predominantly a by-product of rearing sheep for food.
- Biodegradable and compostable, releasing valuable nitrates back into the soil.